Baby Bean Balls
Updated: Jan 28
The base of these bean balls is my simple "not fried refried bean recipe". By adding cooked rice it boosts the complete protein component of this dish. This is a fantastic recipe with maximum nutrition to motivate self-feeding for parents that are nervous about choking. I make these for my toddler to squish like play do. She loves it.
1/4 cup cooked rice, preferably brown (optional-rice is not needed)
1/2 cup "not fried refried beans"
1. If using rice, mix the rice and the beans together.
2. Place in a dish to let set in the fridge overnight.
3. Use a teaspoon to scoop the mixture, then roll between your hands. Use wet hands to prevent the balls from sticking. If the mixture is getting too sticky, place in the freezer for about 10 minutes to cool quickly.
4. Store in the fridge or freeze flat on a cookie sheet, then place in a plastic baggy to easily grab a few balls at a time.
5. Serve warm but not hot otherwise the balls will be too soft to handle.